Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wyoming part 2

My mom has this laugh that is very contagious. I love it! We decided we should take a picture of all the girls since we all happened to be wearing red and blue. We took a picture of the kids setting on the tale gate of the trailer the day before so we figured it was as good place as any to take a picture. My mom was the first to sit down and the whole trailer fell to where it was touching the ground. The men had emptied the wood out of the trailer and we forgot to take that into account when we went to sit down. We enlisted some help so we could get the picture. But, then we couldn't stop laughing. It took us several minutes before we could compose ourselves enough to get a picture.

Notice Hyrum and Todd setting on the other end of the trailer.



I never realized how much I loved my sisters until I went to college and was far away. When I went home I would always try to make special time just to talk with my sisters. Often I would offer to drive Dani to her soccer game, or wherever else she might need to go, just so we would have more time to talk. I even volunteered to help Kenzi get her driving hours. After she picked sunflowers with the passenger side mirror I realized that around the block a few times would be sufficient (she's a great driver now!). I miss those times. Although, I am grateful for technology, talking on the phone or the computer just isn't the same.




I hadn't seen Kenzi in years! We had a LOT of catching up to do. It was so fun to be with my siblings. To laugh, to cry (maybe that was just with mom and Kenzi), to learn things from them. I am so grateful for families! One of my favorite things about my family is that any conversation can turn into a spiritual discussion.

We went fishing. Jer got a one day fishing license (a couple of times while we were there) so he could fish too. The kids had a lot of fun playing by the water (or for Tim and Daniel in the water). They also got to ride in the boat with Papa and Uncle Todd.














I took lots of pictures of Dani for her senior pictures and some of Kenzi and Todd and there family. I will post those in a post with just pictures soon.



  • Here were some of the other things we did...

  • Went swimming (several times)

  • I got to go scuba diving in the pool. I hadn't gone for a long time because I was pregnant every other time I had a chance to.

  • Mom, Kenzi, and I went to a cake decorating enrichment. I learned some new tricks that I am excited to use.

  • Had a fish fry (yummy)

  • Went and got shakes from the local diner

  • Played the candy bar game (and stayed up late!)

  • Played at the park

  • Had a great Family Home evening (learned more about my grandpa) with pecan pie for dessert

And then as they say, all good things must come to an end. Friday we got back in the car and headed home.

































































No comments: