Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Toilet is Bubbling, All in a Days Work

Yesterday:
I'm in the kitchen doing dishes. Tim and Christine are in their bedroom playing with toys. I hear Christine go into the bathroom. I smile thinking how much I love that she's big enough to go all by herself. A few minutes later I hear...
"(Giggles), it's spitting at me."
"Uh, oh. It's bubbling."
I immediately start drying my hands. That doesn't sound right. I better go check it out. Christine comes running into the kitchen.
"Mommy the toilet is bubbling at me!"
We go into the bathroom and sure enough the toilet is overflowing. Unfortunately Tim found his way out of the bedroom and into the toilet water all over the bathroom floor.
Change of plans, putting the zucchini in the freezer will have to wait. Being the amazing mom I am I put Tim in the bath tub, reassure Christine that toilets don't normally "bubble" at you, and plunge the toilet. Good thing I had planned on mopping all the floors anyway.
All in a days work.
Maybe today I'll get that zucchini chopped and/or grated and put in the freezer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

supermum, We sure do miss ya, How are things where you are? how was the move.
Keep in touch! oxoxox Terina