Friday, July 30, 2010

More snores Please!

In a previous post I mentioned that all the work we've had to do to put in a yard has helped our summer tans. Just wanted to show you all what I mean. I wish I could say my legs were that dark too, but they are not. For Jer's birthday we went to Couer d'Alene to go camping. We ended up camping on the south side of the lake near the town of Plumber and then after 2 days of camping drove to Couer d' Alene. On our way home we stopped at cabella's in Post Falls, ID.

It was a great camping spot and we had a great time!

Above: Tim on the boardwalk in Couer d'Alene. Below: Daniel sleeping in the tent on his first camping trip. 2 months is a great time to start taking your kids camping.

Christine calls smores "snores." Every time she asks for more snores it makes me want to go take a nap. Tim and Christine enjoyed roasting the marshmallows for their smores. Tim got more on his face than he did in his mouth.


We camped at a campsite called Chatcolet. They used to have a railroad that brought people from the city out there. They had a hotel that was built on the water. When cars became more widely used and more roads were built they stopped using the train. So the old train tracks got turned into a biking/walking trail. They have several swimming areas that have old shelters at them. They remind me of something I saw in a 40s movie. Of course I left the camera at our campsite so I didn't get a picture.
Their were thimbleberries growing all over. Most of them weren't ripe yet, but I did get to eat a few. Next year we may have to go a week later so we can pick some to make jam. They don't stay together very well so they are perfect for jam making. In case you don't know a thimbleberry is much like a raspberry only fatter.

Below Christine on the trail back to our campsite.
Below: Tim and Jer enjoying the view of the lake. Tim is such a daddy's boy.





Below: The old train track trail. This part of it goes across the lake. An osprey built it's nest on the top of the bridge. It was fun to watch it and listen to it's babies.

Below: Tim before bed at our campsite.
Our house is looking better all the time. We've planted flowers and all our grass is in now. Hurray! We will probably have to wait until the spring to plant trees and put in rocks. We still have to finish our fence. that will probably be in the next few weeks. The summer has gone by way to fast! Hopefully we can fit in a few more fun adventures before Christine starts preschool.












No comments: