Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy fall!




















































































Last Friday we went to the Country Mercantile. We only had 1 1/2 hours to do all the activities they had there. So instead we bought some of their yummy homemade ice cream and we went back on Saturday.

I'm glad we waited and went back. The kids loved being out of the house. For the most part we just let them climb and run all they wanted.

We let the kids pick out pumpkins. Tim kept tripping on the pumpkin vines so that was his least favorite part. He does get excited when he sees his pumpkin on the table at home though. I love the way he says pumpkin!

They had a corn maze, a hay bale maze (which the kids raced through), a hay bale pyramid, a petting zoo, the hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and then of course the pumpkin patch. We invited our friends the Nielson's (whom the kids love). Although the sky looked a little threatening by the time we left, the weather was great for a run through the corn (and hay and everything else). Afterward we bought a small dish of huckleberry ice cream and ate desert first. It was the first time I have eaten more then a bite of huckleberries since before Christine was born (picking huckleberries, on a mountain side full of ripe strong smelling berries on a warm day while you are pregnant, was not a good choice for me). I think I can start eating huckleberries again!

We ventured back into Pasco and ate at a Mexican restaurant. Neither the Nielson's or us had been their before so we thought we would try it out. Jer heard about it from a coworker. It was good and we used the leftovers for dinner another day.

On Sunday Jer made his award winning chili and we had the Nielson's over for dinner. After dinner we went to meet a new family that just moved into our complex. We are excited to have them and Christine has already enjoyed playing with them at the playground.

The best part about the weekend was that I didn't have to cook! Friday night we had a teacher appreciation dinner for primary and had lasagna. Their was leftovers so I got to bring home an almost full pan of lasagna, bread, and an eclare desert. Saturday we went out to eat and had leftovers. Sunday lunch was leftovers and dinner was Jer's chili. I did make corn bread muffins (from a box), and some jello. Thanks Jer for spoiling me! Another weekend starts tonight for us. Jer doesn't work Fridays. We will see what adventures we can have this weekend!

P.S. Notice the pictures of the kids by the big pumpkins. First Tim cooperates and smiles and Christine is not looking at the camera. Then Christine smiles and Tim is distracted by something. Then they both are done. Can't get them to look at the camera at the same time no matter what funny sounds I make. I guess it's a good thing that Jer and I don't think a good picture has to have the subject looking right at the camera. We just like pictures that tell a story. That's what pictures at places like this are for.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. So many awesome things to do! I am also super excited for you and your new little addition. Good luck with the sickness - that is no fun!

Casey and Jessie said...

So cute!!! Thanks for letting us join you! We had such a good time! I'm glad I finally got to see your blog! See you soon!