A few days ago someone asked me, "So what good things are happening in your life?" She didn't ask the usual, "How's it going?" It caught me off guard. People don't usually start a conversation with that. It's sad that I had to stop and think. Their is always more good than bad in my life. For some reason sometimes it's harder to pick out the good. So finding the good has been the focus for me. So here's my happy list for the day:
- We got a double stroller! It's sooo nice not to have to carry Tim in the snuggly while pushing Christine. Or try to make Christine walk fast enough to keep up with me while I am pushing Tim.
- Jer won a free massage and he gave it to me! I've never had one and I am really excited. While we were in Idaho they were doing a grand opening and Jer happened to be in the right place at the right time to get it.
- I won free movie tickets! Yay, for a free date night.
- Laughter. For those of you who don't know Jer very well, he laughs a lot. It's one of those contagious laughs that makes every one around him laugh. Christine is good at making Tim laugh and then they are both laughing. I could sit and listen to them laugh all day!
- Discovery. The great thing about having kids this age is that they are always discovering something. They are so fascinated with the world around them. It helps me remember how beautiful the world is, even in the city!
- Dancing (which makes my kids laugh. They just don't know a good dancer when they see one!)
- Good music
I can think of a lot more, but their are still dishes in the sink. Nothing makes me happier than to have a clean house. What good things are happening in your life?
3 comments:
yay for happy lists! i've been having a hard day too, as far as being happy and positive......
yay for blogging!!!
it's very easy to focus on the negative in our lives. I just had an institute class last night where he talked about making sure that our self talk is always 5 positives to 1 negative. I think that works with finding the negatives in our life. Think of/recognize 5 positives for eery negative that comes to mind! :) It's a way to have a balanced life. As far as what is happy in my life 1. I'm getting my classroom set up 2. went to shakespeare festival 3. sunny weather 4. boyfriend...soon to be official fiance 5. friends who listen when I just need to vent.
Thank you for that post. It is hard to focus on the good- but I really want to do better at accentuating the positives in my life.
Taneill
Post a Comment