Monday, November 5, 2012

Welcome to Wyoming!

Hotel living hasn't been to bad.  Here is why:
  • I never have to make breakfast
  • Free cookies every night
  • No washing towels or bedding
  • No cleaning (other than a few dishes and wiping down the occasional counter)
  • Lots of TV for free, mostly educational cartoons (something we normally don't have)
  • Free apples, bananas, and hot chocolate whenever we want
  • swimming pool
  • get to meet lots of people
  • Any time my kids act up I can blame it on the fact that we live in a hotel
  • No projects or chores, so we can spend the weekends exploring
We had snow for a few days.  The boys loved playing out in it whenever we could.
Christine seems to tell everyone that we live in a hotel.  We escape as often as we can.  The boys and I drive Christine to and from school everyday.  There is a play group on Mondays and we are on a first name basis with most of the library staff.  We go to the library two to three times a week. We frequent the park by our house when ever we can.  These horses live just down the street from the park by our house. 


















On the weekends we go exploring.  We spent one Saturday in Saratoga, just down the road from us.  There was still a little snow on the ground and cold, so the hot water in the hot springs felt great!  Afterward we ate at Platte River Pizza Company.  I highly recommend it. 
Once a month they have art club for all the kids k-5th and any family members 2 and over.  We decided to try it out.  This month they made masks.  It was fun!  Next month is ginger bread houses.


Halloween was fun.  They have trick or treat on downtown streets.  We got to go into lots of the little shops downtown.  I made a mental list of places I would like to go to again, and those I think I will avoid. 
After dinner we went to the ward trunk or treat.  They had games, donuts, and a craft for the kids.  Then they did the usual trunk or treat.  The kids got enough candy to last until Christmas!


This weekends exploration took us to Seminoe Reservoir.  I love the sign there.  Of course we took this road to see how rough it would be.  The explorer has 4 wheel drive and had no prolems.  i think Jer was a little disappointed at how easy it was to drive on it.



It was so calm up there.  Tim commented several times on how quiet it was.  There was eventually another car that came by on the road by where we stopped for lunch.  Other than that it was us and the wind.  Oh, and one magpie that came to eat Daniel's crumbs. 


Just up the road from here is the miracle mile.  One of the best fishing spots in all of the US.  We still have lots of exploring to do.  If it doesn't snow this weekend we will see where the road takes us. 
After the 15th we won't have as much time to explore, so we are taking advantage of it while we can.

No comments: