Jer got a job in Wyoming working for Sinclair oil (the dinosaur gas company). While Jer was gone to scout camp I had the impression several times that when Jer got released from young mens it would be time to move. Little did I know that that would be happening sooner than I thought. As I mentioned in the last post he got released the day after he got back from scout camp.
We started looking for realtors and getting the house in mint condition to sell. Everything fell into place so easily. Jer was flown out for a job interview and he was pretty sure he had the job. So we had the realtor come and take pictures. That same day Grandma Cookie came to stay with us, and we got the official call that Jer had the job (Sept 12). Of course it was after the realtor had already left. The next morning the realtor came back and put up the signs. By that afternoon the house was on the market. Jer and I took advantage of having his mom here and took the canoe out just the two of us for the day. We thought it would only be a couple of hours but ended up being 6. It was fun! I'll miss the river.
Friday morning we headed to Spokane to spend the day. Just before we left a phone call came. Someone wanted to look at out house that afternoon. Since we were on our way out it worked out perfect. We spent the afternoon in downtown Spokane, shopping and going to the park.
Saturday morning we went to Cabella's. While we were there we got a phone call. We had an offer for the house. Then it was off to Silverwood.
Everyone had fun at Silverwood. It was late by the time we got home. Somehow when we got home that night even though the house was still ours, just seeing the sold sign out front made it seem less like ours.
We spent the next week organizing, picking apples, making apple sauce, taking care of the last of the produce in the garden. Canning tomatoes, freezing peppers, and trying to go see and do all of our favorite things while Grandma Cookie was here.
I knew fruit would be less available in Wyoming so we made lots of apple sauce. The boys and I went apple picking twice. I'm sure all that apple sauce will be nice during the long Wyoming winters. Grandma Cookie made it feel like Christmas. She bought me several kitchen gadgets that made canning SUPER easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment