It's obvious my Kansas childhood is influencing my children, in a good way (I think). Here is why:
- My almost 2 yr old sleeps with a stuffed buffalo. Maybe the fact that I sing and hum Home on the Range on occasion has something to do with that.
- My daughter recently announced that along with teaching ballet and being a science teacher that teaches kids about magnets she wants to help people learn how to eat healthy foods. Surprised I asked her what she would teach people. Her response, "You have to eat lots of whole grains." "What are whole grains," I asked her. "Wheat!" she enthusiastically responded. My children prefer whole wheat bread. They will eat bread over meat any day. Gotta love that wheat!
- All 3 of my kids know the Rock Chalk Jayhawk chant and they confuse the red robin bird with a jayhawk. Daniel is still chanting the rock chalk chant. I'll hear him sing a line or two from a song from nursery then he'll say rock chalk jayhawk in a sing song voice. Then it's back to a few words of I am a Child of God and he ends it all with a very animated KU! Love it!
- March madness is like a holiday at our house. The kids ask when they can watch basketball. Daniel seems to enjoy it the most. Often when he is finished with supper he will ask, "watch basketball?" Sorry pal basketball season is over, but don't worry it will come again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment