Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The year so far...yes, it's been that long.











I haven't posted for awhile so I have some catching up to do. We've had some fun adventures that I don't want to forget.
February:I would like to erase parts of February from my memory, but "all these things shall give thee experience." We all got the flu for Valentine's Day. Tim was so sick he didn't even want to take a Valentine's Day picture. That same week I had surgery to remove a chalazion from my eyelid (I've included a before and a few days after pic. I should have taken one the day after so you could see how puffy my eye was). I won't go into detail, but it wasn't very fun. The day after I got it removed we went camping at seep lakes. That weekend was Jer and I's anniversary and we really wanted to go camping. I think it was good for the kids. It was a little cold, but not bad. It started raining just as we were finishing up our dinner. We roasted marshmallows in the rain and then all went to bed early. During the night the rain froze so when we woke up we had ice drops all over the tent. But we were warm inside our tent! It was nice to get away and I felt so relaxed while we were camping.
March: What a fun month!
Christine ran her first race. It was a mile fun run and she liked it. She insisted on running by herself. Next time she wants mom to run with her. She got lost trying to find me after the race. Luckily, she knew just what to do, "hi, my name is Christine. I'm 5 and I lost my mom." She told this to a race volunteer. Then she saw a police officer and walked up to him and told him the same thing. He said she was so calm. Christine says it scared her though and she would prefer not to have that happen again.
We said goodbye to some close friends and neighbors. At least they moved to where we have family so we will get to visit them. Tim still asks me when they are coming back. I don't think he understands what forever means.
Christine turned 6 the next week and had a party with a few friends. It was a Rapunzel party and she loved it!
We went camping in Spokane. Jer had a training up there so we left really (really) early in the morning. After dropping Jer off at his training the kids and I ate breakfast at a park. Then using our GPS we found another park and played there for awhile. It rained off and on on us, but the kids didn't mind. After picking up Jer we went to Riverside State Park and went camping. We put trash bags on the kids to keep them dry and we played in the rain. There is a suspension bridge there that we went across. They had had so much rain and were still having so much that there was flash flood warnings out. We could see why when we went down by the water.
We checked out a few fishing spots on the way home. It was to windy to do any fishing, but we found out where we can and can't go fishing. In one of the towns we came across this whole line of old trucks. I like old trucks so I convinced Jer to stop and take a picture. If we hadn't of been on our way home from camping I might have taken family pics there. The whole town was full of great photo spots. We will definitely have to visit again!
In other news...we got two chicks. Daniel loved it when I needed to do laundry. He would hang out by the chick box. I guess they thought his finger was a worm because they liked to peck it. Daniel thought it was funny. We are currently working on a chicken coop. We have enough done that we put them outside during the day and they are in the garage at night. I'm glad to have a few less living things in the laundry room.

No comments: