
I feel like Christmas kinda snuck up on me this year. We made all sorts of sweets and goodies; ginger bread men, truffles, cookies, fudge (are you drooling yet?). The kids had little countdown things we did everyday. But somehow it came and I wasn't ready. Not that I didn't have presents bought, or that we hadn't decorated, just that it came and went so fast. I wanted to enjoy every moment. We did make some good memories. I just don't like that now the only evidence that we had Christmas, is the five extra pounds I gained. I miss getting out the glue to help glue on Santa's cotton ball beard. I miss laying by the tree with the kids and just watching the lights sparkle. I miss having every hour chimed out by our Christmas clock. I miss the kids playing with the nativity and Christine singing "you better watch out, you better not cry..." to remind Tim to be good. The one thing I love that Christmas brought us this year is that the kids are strating to understand more the real reason we celebrate Christmas. The kids now get excited when they see the stars they find the brightest star in the sky and say, "look it's Jesus' star!" It's a good thing we have Christmas every year!

I didn't take very many pictures of Christmas this year. I was to busy just enjoying watching the kids.
We were all spoiled! The kids got some fun toys and clothes. I'll write more about our big family present in another post.
The great thing is that the days are getting longer. I know it's hard to tell yet, but they are. That means...spring is coming! In the meantime I have to get my kids to stop growing up so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment