I have so many things to catch up on here. I will post pics and such soon, just not today. Today is Monday. That means extra cleaning for me. After a busy weekend I like cleaning up the clutter. It makes me happy to see how we live. For example, in my front room you will find orange vests the kind you wear to go hunting (rabbits this time), coats with weeds that have hitch hiked from the field, a church mouse maze from Tim's Sunday school class, a candy wrapper (probably from some candy that was stolen, stashed, and saved for later). In the kitchen the floor has bits and pieces of pumpkin insides. On top of the fridge is a Halloween card that when opened has three witches that laugh and cackle (it makes the kids laugh and laugh). The living room has a young men's roster and an Ensign magazine.
Even though it is a mess to clean up on Mondays, I love that we do things we love. Our family takes time to get out and live, to enjoy the outdoors, people, and places. That makes me happy! How are you going to live today?
2 comments:
i'm going to dress up for Halloween. I wasnt going to until I read your post! But I love Halloween and I love dressing up... so even though I dont have a plan yet, I'm going to. Thanks for the inspiration Kaysi!
So, I still subscribe to your blog after all these years! :) Your post reminded me of this quote and I had to share:
“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”~Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Post a Comment