As stated in the last post Tim has a thing with water. We took the doorknob off the bathroom door because Christine kept locking herself in. That means Tim has easy access to the bathroom. Today the kids were watching a movie while I was doing the dishes. Tim got up and left the room. I figured he was going to drag a blanket out of his room to lay on. After a few minutes he didn't come back so I went to check out what he was doing. He must have decided that Christine's new barbie was dirty because he had undressed her and was giving her a bath, in the toilet. Christine was NOT happy that her new barbecue (barbie) had taken a bath. Luckily it was clean toilet water and after a quick rinse and dry the barbie was being dressed and hasn't been out of Christine's site since. I think I will put the doorknob back on the bathroom. It's easier to open a locked bathroom door than it is to clean up water and keep Tim out of the toilet. How do you potty train a little boy that is fascinated with playing in the toilet?
Yesterday at church I was in charge of sharing time and teaching the kids about Christ. I mentioned that Jesus Christ is Heavenly Father's son. Christine raised her hand and after being called on said, "I pray to Heavenly Father when I am scared. Sometimes I have spiders in my bed and I get scared so I pray." It was cute. Just so you know I have NEVER seen a spider in our house. Christine has a great imagination!
Yesterday in church I announced in sr. primary that the 11 year old boys would have scouts this Thursday and they were going to be doing something with bottle rockets. Every boy in the room suddenly was paying attention and wanted to be 11 and go to scouts. It wasn't until I told Jer on the way home what I said that I realized I had told the boys they were going to be doing something with fireworks (that just happen to be illegal in most states). What I meant to say was a bottle launcher. I hope they aren't to disappointed when they find out. Even moms say the wrong things sometimes!
1 comment:
Have you thought about turning the doorknob around so the lock is on the outside of the door? We did that with the kids in Portales because they kept locking themselves in their rooms. I don't know if that would work with your type of doorknob but it was sure helpful for us.
Post a Comment