Monday, August 31, 2009

Spoiled, but not rotten!

I'm writing this post backwards. I usually start from the event that happened last and work my way forward. I get tired of having to move pictures around so I am doing it different today. I hope it's not to confusing.

Last night Jer made the BEST smoothie I have EVER had. He put in blackberries, blueberries, peaches, ice, sugar, and vanilla ice cream. At the rate we are eating the fruit, I don't think it will stay frozen for long! Today I froze a bunch more peaches. it makes me feel so domestic, even if it is being modern domestic. I'm hoping we will at least have some fruit for Thanksgiving. I feel so spoiled!

A coworker of Jer's gave us lemon cucumbers. I love to try new things so I got excited about trying a new type of cucumber. They taste the same as regular cucumbers they just look different. We eat them for snack a lot. Spoiled again.

Christine calls them pickles sometimes. Last night I dreamed I
was pickling them and we had 5 gallon buckets all over the house of cucumbers being prepared for pickling (My mom did make pickles that way). They looked really strange in jars.


Saturday we went to the farmer's market downtown. It's the best. They always have fruit out that you can taste before you buy. Tim saw us reaching in and getting food and he decided it must be okay. he was reaching up and snitching berries and fruit from every table. Everyone kept telling us it was okay, but we don't want him to think it is okay to steal. One lady even gave Christine an ear of raw corn to try. Tim ate the cob, and asked for more. I think the lady liked it because we were laughing so hard about it people were coming over to see what was going on. All of the sudden they had tons of customers. I was also introduced to pluots by one of the vendors there. It's a mix between a plum and an apricot. Soooo good. If you have never had one you should.






We also bought blackberries, peaches, bell peppers, and chili peppers. Most of which we are freezing since we have a big freezer. I'm in fruit heaven! Spoiled once again!
Next, we went to the flea market. It was interesting. If you want to work on speaking Spanish it is the place to go. I don't know Spanish yet.

On Friday we went to the fair. I love fairs. My favorite part is seeing all the 4-H exhibits. Just because I did 4-H and I know how much work those projects can take. Of course we walked through the commercial building and picked up the free pins. Everyone was trying to give Christine and Tim candy. You would think it was Halloween and they were trick-or-treaters. They got balloons. Christine's popped on the fence on our way out, but she was fine because Tim shared his. We ate Mexican food. They didn't have any rice ready so they gave us a large thing of nachos in-lu of the rice. That was a meal in itself. The kids ate corn dog. Tim didn't care much for the breaded part and Christine preferred the outside. Although they both ate both parts without complaining. It was the cheapest, best tasting fair food I've ever had. They had a fishing thing that both kids likes. It was their first exposure to rides. The combination of the noise the rides make when they spin around and the loud music they play caused both kids to stare wide-eyed in amazement. We bought Egyptian cotton sheets. They were a steal of a deal! I wasn't sure the color would match our comforter, but it looks amazing! (I put them on the bed that night) You guessed it, spoiled!

That night we went to Olive Garden to use Jer's gift card. We got there early so we missed the big evening rush. Getting to eat out and not having to do dishes (plus having left overs) , spoiled!
I get to plan next weekend. What adventure will I attempt for us to have...








1 comment:

Steph said...

I love farmers markets, fresh fruits and vegetables are the best! I want to try one of those pluots, those sound good! It seems like you're having so much fun there with your kids! Jayci loves looking at their pictures