What are your thoughts on 2X concentrated laundry soap? I never really thought about it until yesterday...
I was on the computer. I noticed that Christine was being very quiet. I said to myself I'll just hurry and respond to this email and then I'll go check on her. Moments later in walks Christine. She holds out her hands and says, "mom I need to wash my hands." I look down and notice she has some sort of clear thick liquid on her. Then my other senses begin to kick in...the smell. I know that smell, it's something I have smelled recently. Looking into the hallway I see this same liquid all over the floor. After a quick glance around I notice the large purple laundry soap container on the floor, cap off. Rushing over I pick it up and realize the enormity of the situation. Christine has dumped out almost an entire bottle of laundry detergent. It's crept across the floor under the washing machine, under the door, into the bathroom. It's seeped under the stool by the sink.
Maybe your a pro at cleaning up 2X concentrated laundry soap, but this was a first for me. I grabbed Christine and put her in the bathtub. Her clothes were covered in it so I just turned on the water and had her wash off clothes and all. It was a bit tricky getting in and out of the bathroom. Laundry soap is like an ice skating rink when it is poured over linoleum floors. After debating what to do I attempted to save us much soap as I could by using a towel to push the thin goo into the dust pan. Then I soaked up the rest the best I could with towels.
Just as I was finishing up Timothy woke up from his nap and he had a very dirty diaper that had oozed out onto his bed sheets and blanket. Good thing I hadn't started the laundry yet. Tim would have VERY clean sheets tonight thanks to Christine.
I was a bit nervous putting the towels and Christine's clothes into the washing machine. It took me over 1/2 an hour to get the floor clean and the thought of soapy bubbles exploding out of the washer kind of scared me. Their was a lot of soap in that batch of laundry. I got lucky though and it all stayed contained in the washer. I did however have to wash the load again (with no soap) to get rid of the soapy feel on the clothes.
The laundry soap now resides on a much higher shelf and the hallway and bathroom smell amazing! All in a days work...
5 comments:
Whoa! Crazy! At least she just dumped it out.. I was scared at first that she had drank it or something! But still, what a project to clean that up! Good thing you didn't have bubbles spilling all over your house!
We use this stuff, too......I think I'll be placing it on a higher shelf.
Ha Ha that is a hilarious story! Maybe the 2x concentrated isn't such a good investment!
man... I'm so not looking forward to stories like this one!
Wow..haven't had that experience.. yet! Sounds like they are keeping you busy! lol!!
Post a Comment