Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kayaking




Jer, Christine, and I went kayaking the Wednesday before Jer started classes again.

The reservoir we went to doesn't allow any swimming or motor boats of any kind. It's a fishing and paddle boating only lake. The water was beautiful and it was nice to get away from the sounds of the city. Being a small town girl I sometimes still struggle with the noise and rush of the city. I love nature sounds: water jumping over rocks, frogs croaking contently in a pond, crickets chirping cheerfully. My favorite sound is birds singing. There are certain birds that I wish would take voice lessons, but for the most part I love listening to them sing. The song of a bird is my favorite thing to wake up to.


Christine loved being in the boat. We had to take a potty break for Christine. While Christine and I were in the bathroom Jer found a surprise for Christine. One that I am not fond of...a snake. I'm not afraid of snakes. If they happen to slither past me when I'm walking I don't mind. I don't mind looking at them in a cage, or seeing other people hold them. Actually holding them myself is what I'm not a fan of. I had a bad experience. Christine on the other hand has no problem with that. And Dad told her to let mommy hold the snake, so being an obedient girl she brought it to me to hold. I did hold it (only for a few seconds, but that counts right!) I was glad when the two dare devils decided to let it go.


No comments: